Thursday, June 26, 2008

Red Box!

So, Liz kinda pokes fun at me because I pretty much visit this daily...


But, as I was telling Liz today, I kind of justify watching a ton of movies all the time by counting it as research. After all, this is my career choice, so I actually should be watching lots of movies, right? 3 or more trips to the red box a week.. that ain't a crime, is it?

Besides, I miss a lot of amazing movies in the theatres. I need Red Box. Here are just a few of the amazing movies I have gotten from a red box lately.

There Will Be Blood. Daniel Day Lewis. Daniel Day Lewis. Daniel Day Lewis!! I should for sure be studying him! Such an amazing actor..


I really respect Natalie Portman. I might go so far as to say that she is my hero in some ways.. I kind of wish I had her career.. kind of a lot. I mean, The Darjeeling Ltd, Paris je'taime.. arg.. I want to make those movies. This one was pretty good too.


Umm, the Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is one of the best and most beautifully done films I have seen in a long time. I think Casey Affleck has grown into one of the best actors out there today.. He seriously floored me with his performance in this film.. he should be studied. Pitt was awesome as well, as was everyone. Every freaking actor in this movie was amazing..


See, all off these great movies for $1 out of a red box!

(Maybe Liz is right though, maybe I should invest in Netflicks)

5 comments:

Ems said...

I was trying to convince Aaron and Eric to do the Blockbuster version the other day so maybe it is my personal mission to get movie watchers to sign up! Cus with the Blockbuster version of Netflicks you get to return your movie to the store to get yet another movie, so you get double the movies for the same price. PLUS...the turn around is quick cus there is a warehouse in SLC so it's like a day or two is all. It's awesome!

I watched like 1,000 movies last summer.

Naomi said...

But the Red Box is INSTANT gratification where Netflix there is waiting involved.

Who wants to wait? Ever?

Abby Rose said...

I've yet to see And There Will be Blood, though I do hear an awful lot of milkshakes and straws in that movie.

Kam Belly Soup said...

i hear netflicks is the way to go, and so is casey affleck. so hot and a good actor i guess.

Riot Grrrl said...

Love it... your blog is dabomb.com

I love There Will Be Blood too, DDL is amazing in that movie.