Sunday, June 29, 2008

i'll write you a postcard. i'll send you the news

Yesterday after work I swung by the used bookstore and much to my surprise there were all kinds of tables set up outside. I thought they were all book tables but on the north side of the door there was a man sitting watching over two tables full of shoe box sized boxes all stuffed with vintage post cards. I fell in love immediately. I was stuck there in that spot thumbing through post cards for over an hour. I would have stayed longer, if I could have. The man selling them was one of the most awesome collectors I have ever met. He offered me a beer, and when I declined thankfully, he offered a diet Pepsi.. And as I opened the diet Pepsi he gave me a "cheers". We were already such good friends. I think I ended up buying twenty something post cards.. Here are a few of my favorites: (the pictures are bad and wont do them justice.. but thats ok)

adorable:


Got this one for my brother. The date on it is 1905.


I'll probably frame this one (love the colors):


Got this one for my Pa'


This one was post marked Paris July 6, 1920 the writing on the back is obviously from a red cross nurse writing to say she is about to come home and how the journey across the sea, back home, will take about three weeks...



What is more romantic that post cards... i ask you? I think I will start collecting them..

1 comment:

justin said...

Yur BLog is what blogging is all about. layin it and sayin it!!!