Wednesday, June 18, 2008

All of the babies can feel the world, that's why they cry..

I never get the flu. I never get the flu. I never get the flu.

This week... I got the flu.

I learned that, when it comes to the flu, I am such a baby.. when I got really sick in the middle of the night I really wanted to walk down the hall to my mom's room and wake her up make her take care of me.
(Side note: waking up my mom in the middle of the night is always really really funny because she jumps about 10 miles every time. I always get scared that she's scared and repeat as many times as fast as i can,'it's ok, it's me, it's ok, it's me.. (repeated)' and then I laugh really hard because, gosh, her face is just so awesome...
Then I realized that my mom and that hallway were something like 600 miles away.. being a grown up sucks sometimes.

On the other hand, I am surprised by how many people have stepped in and have been really great at taking care of me. People have made me feel so good, I almost want to get the flu more often to relish the sick friend benifits..

Ehh, no.. I take that back. The flu sucks.

I got the flu while I was at home this weekend.. my family had it.. but this made it totally worth it:



Meeting little Avery for the first time is worth a googleplex of flu days..

1 comment:

Lizbot said...

OH baby baby baby!!!! Live and in action!!!! Oh so sweet! I miss babies.