Friday, May 2, 2008

every party (has a... )

On parties/party-like social events..

2 of my favorite people have written songs about the "party mood phenomenon".
One is Mr. Jens Lekman

who brilliantly wrote lyrics like, "I killed the party again, I killed it for my Friends" or "I feel like going home but at the same time, I don't" into his song Black Cab- which is a windows down-heater on-volume up, super hit!

And then there's this charming little guy.. Mr. Erlend Oye

Every lyric in this song is near perfect. I wish I could have found a video of the jazzed up version of this song..

I think I grow slightly more socially awkward as each year passes. Dancing used to be a cure all.. even if I didn't know anyone at the party very well, if there was dancing involved I would still dance my socks off (in a corner?).. there was evidence of that this week..

there has also been evidence that suggests that if you are not feeling it, you cant force it and all of nature will step in a prevent you from partying.. even if dancing is present. "sometimes, all I can do- find a spot out of the light"

Often the best part of the evening is still the drive home...

No comments: