Friday, March 13, 2009

i was meant for the stage

This evening i was talking to my sister about Coraline (which everyone should see- it's really great) and we got talking about the footlights in the theater in that movie.. which led us to a discussion about Somewhere in Time (footlights in that theater).

Maybe some of you haven't seen this brilliant classic starring Jane Seymour and Christopher Reves, and that's a real shame. I kind of wish i were exaggerating when i say that this movie, specifically this scene, was probably ehhhhhh 75-80% of why i wanted so badly to become an actress when i was just a little thing. I watched this movie with said sister, probably one zillion times!



mindy also reminded me that jane seymour was in the film of The Scarlet Pimpernel (another way over watched with sister movie) and she plays an actress again! Man, jane-- you are kind of my inspiration??

(yikes)

4 comments:

Lilia Todd said...

I happen to be a huge Jane seymour fan myself. I can't help it. I won the Scarlett pimpernel if you ever need to borrow it, and I was a huge Dr. Quin fan as a kid.

Naomi said...

Love, love, love The Scarlet Pimpernel!

an illdressed foolishwise said...

Yesssss!! The Scarlet Pimpernel! I think I ordered it on amazon once and then they emailed me and said they were out! I need to buy that again!!

Lil, I am going to be in Vegas this weekend!! Let's all do something fun!!

T.R. said...

Coraline was great.