Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yaz is the ultimate

I don't know if i have ever had this much fun reading a biography-type book or if I have ever felt more like I could be friends with a writer of the book, as I have the past while with this book. I wish I could hang out with Rob Sheffield all day long.. I keep writing, "yes, yes yes!" in the margins of the book! But I didnt actually fall in love with him, until this:

"Everytime I have a crush on a woman, I have the same fantasy: I imagine the two of us in a synth-pop duo. The girl up front swishing her skirt, tossing her hair, a saucy little firecracker. I'm the boy in the back, hidden by my Roland JP8000 keyboard...She moves the crowd while I lurk in the shaddows, lavishing all my computer blue love on her... I am always fueled by synth pop fantasies."

Now the best part, "The boy-girl synthpop duo is my favorite band lineup. Yaz were the ultimate"

YES! YES! YES! I could have died!

And so, to all of you who have recieved endless emily mixs with different Yaz songs on them, and those of you who were present in Gallo's class when I chose "Too Peices" as my personal theme song, and my brother who started the Yaz love affair, and also to Rob for making me feel a little less nerdy for having all of their albums, including the greatest hits and remixes.. this is for you...



Oh, and Rob, I have synth pop fantasies too.

3 comments:

vantastic said...

YES! YES! YES! Love it.

an illdressed foolishwise said...

Oh, Ray, I knew YOU would appreciate it!

kisses.

justin said...

um, you have way more stuff on your blog now!! i need to catch up! for real. um, all night talks at the trum? the best. remember when we found those toasted bisgits on the balcony at 5am and chucked'm in the street? the best.