Friday, February 1, 2008

Missing Marylou and other flavors.

nos·tal·gia
–noun 1. a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time

James' favorite defination a while back was: A bittesweet longing for the past.

This is Nostalgia's flavor of the month in emily land:

1. Roxy's Diner (the music and dancing thereof)
Past few nights in bed I have tried to think of all of the songs I used to sing and which ones were my favorite...
*Fever -Peggie Lee
*Lots of Crystals tunes:And then He Kissed Me, He's a Rebel and Be My Baby...
*Sweet Nothings -Brenda Lee
*7 Lonely Days -Patsy Cline
*I Cant Help Falling in Love
*A Wink and A Smile
*Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
*Old Black Magic
*Jimmy Mack
*Let Me In...
The list goes on.. boy, that was a fun job. When I die, I hope that's on the videotape

2. Daddy Daughter Dates
Liz has Oliver and Company on DVD. Hadn't seen it since the daddy daughter date when we went to the movie and McDonalds and I got a happy meal with a platic finger puppet of Oliver.

3. The Cartoon Network.
I used to watch a lot of this, ushually while eating ice cream. That was nice. Home Movies, Dexter's Lab, Aquateen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021.
This may be nerdy, but I don't care.

This month nostalgia is just sweet, without the bitter.

1 comment:

Rod in Indy said...

Just so you know, I miss those daddy-daughter dates, too!! Ah, such fun memories!!