Sunday, January 13, 2008

I broke into the clear

A connection made today in my mind sometime between one and two in the afternoon. Mostly about life... and stuff.

Invitation: "Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience, the race that is set before us...looking unto the author and finisher of out faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured... Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees. And make straight the paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way, but let it rather be healed." (Chap. 12)

Previous approach: After making two circuits of the walk every trace of energy was, as usual, completely used up, and as I drove myself on all my scattered aches found their usual way to a profound seat of pain in my side. My lungs, as usual were fed up with all this work, and from now on would only go rackingly through the motions. My knees were boneless again, ready any minute to let my lower legs telescope up into the thighs. My head felt as though different sections of the cranium were grinding into each other."

Today's approach: "Then, for no reason at all, I felt magnificent. It was as though my [body] until that instant had simply been lazy, as though the aches and exhaustion were all imagined, created from nothing in order to keep me from truly exerting myself. Now my [body] seemed to at last say, "Well, if you must have it, here!" and an accession of strength came flooding through me. Buoyed up, I forgot my usual feeling of routine self-pity when working out, I lost myself,-all entanglements were shed, I broke into the clear."
(Chap. 8)


Hope it stays clear.

(Thoughts that were connected today were brought to you in part by: Paul, his letters to the Hebrews and by John Knowles, his novel, A Separate Peace)

No comments: