Thursday, February 26, 2009

I would like to be you (just for a few habit forming years)

i have a favorite ceramist.
that's her.



once a week she is my favorite ceramics teacher and helps me to make things like this:


and when the handle of the umbrella that i just complete snaps into three pieces, and i almost start crying- she fixes it right up!!


My favorite ceramist is about to have a solid gold birthdayyyyyy!!!

i cant wait because, i love her. i love her because she fixes everything right up and because she teaches me innumerable things about shaping clay (and about shaping my whole life) i am lucky that she sleeps in the same room as me.

This song is for you, My Yoko!! (i will love you on your birthday- i will love you better than them!)

ps. you should check out more of this girls ceramics and thoughts. i mean, she is really awesome.

also: the umbrellas are fired. i cant wait to glaze them! i am getting a pretty good sized crush on clay..

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to work clay- so jealous.

Naomi said...

Those umbrellas match your header.

Did you do that on purpose?

vantastic said...

you are so so so so good to me. loves. so much loves.

an illdressed foolishwise said...

Naomi- yes actually. We had to pull an image from a piece of art and make it 3D.. I pulled an umbrella (shocker- i know) thanks for noticing!

Elizabeth Marie! Take a ceramics class!!

Vantastic! You are Vantastic to me!

Brooklyn said...

That is AMAZING. I love umbrellas. They look great.

Rod in Indy said...

So many talents....!! (Not that I'm at all biased, you know...)