Sunday, February 8, 2009

under the covers

So yes, I love blankets (blank it's) and I also love covers..

Here are some of my absolute favorite covers:

1. Let's Dance- M. Ward (Bowie Cover)
(this cover is quite possibly the best love song ever.ever.ever)
2. True Love Will Find You In the End- Beck
(Daniel Johnston cover)
3. All Mixed Up -Red House Painters (Cars Cover)
4. Heart it Races- Dr. Dog (Architecture in Helsinki cover)
5. Times Like These -Ryan Adams (Foo Fighters Cover)
6. I'm a Little Lost- Jens Lekman (Arthur Russel Cover)
6. These Days -St. Vincent/Mates of State (Niko Cover)
7. Landslide -The Smashing Pumpkins (Fleetwood Mac Cover)
8. Don't Look Back in Anger- Devendra Bandhart (Oasis Cover)
9. When You Were Mine- Casiotone for the Painfully Alone
(Prince Cover)
10. You've Really Got a Hold on Me- She & Him
(Smokey Robinson Cover)
11. Killing the Blues - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
12. Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa- Hot Chip and Peter Gabriel
(Vampire Weekend Cover)
(Britannie just sent me that one)
13. Exit Music for a Film -Vampire Weekend (Radiohead Cover)
l4. My Blue Heaven -Nora Jones (Fats Domino Cover)
15. Your Gonna Make Me Lonesome when You Go
- Madeleine Peyroux (Dylan Cover)

many of these have been given to me so if you are the one who gave them to me; well thank you very much!

And if you know of any other covers that should be on this list, tell me NOW!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

you've really got it covered

Kristina said...

That list is intense (naturally since it's coming from you). Here's my favorite favorite cover ever: Easy Like Sunday Morning covered by Faith No More.

Todd Langston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Todd Langston said...

Elliott Smith - Half Right (Jimmy Eat World covers the song)

Very swell song :)

an illdressed foolishwise said...

Ohh those are good ones!! I just thought of another Elliot Smith also covered Jealous Guy!! And it's so so lovely!

naomi said...

Will Young's live lounge cover of that cursed "dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" pussycat dolls song. Will Young was this gay guy who won the UK version of American Idol. It's fantastic.