Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Classic.

So, the next six weeks are going to look a little like this:


Hooray for me and the classics! First Chekhov and now Euripides. I'm so classic!

It frightens me, just a tidge, to think of the common themes in Medea and The Seagull (ie the inability to make love stay) and why I have been cast in both consecutively. I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it doesn't mean anything at all.

Ohh, Just look at Martha G. as Medea!

I'm way into that.

Pinnacle Acting Company is new to me. I am about to find out what they are all about. It's going to be performed on an outdoor stage and that sounds pretty "summer" to me.

In other acting news. Barta, the head of the BYU theatre department has been pretty adamant this semester about getting me into BYU and getting me back there to finish my BFA. Welp, she did it! I got the official word last night. I am officially a BYU student!

This may be confusing to people who thought I already was.. and to you I say.. eh, it's a long story.. The short version being that I was at BYU before as a "visiting student"- that is to say my GPA was not high enough to get in. I took evening classes, was given a scholarship and did The Seagull, but was never actually admitted. I thought they were going to cancel the BFA Acting Program so I left and came to the U of U. Once here I discovered that I would only be getting a BA and not a BFA. Also once here, BYU started contacting me and finding ways to get me back. So, fall 2008 I will be a full time student at BYU in the BFA Acting Program. Boom.

Now if i can just make it through finals.. i'll be set! Spring is here and i feel like i am coming back to life. good things are happening. it's good.

1 comment:

Abby Rose said...

Martha was such a freak. Did you know that her dance company today still refers to Martha in the third person like she is still living... For example they say, "Martha wants this leap to look like this." WEIRD!!