Saturday, March 1, 2008

Lessons Learned in Good Ol' NYC

To mention just a few...

Sugar free candy can act as a laxative.
That when very large, scary strangers tell you it's a "bad neighborhood" inBrooklyn, they ain't lyin'.
Sometimes if you get too distracted while looking at the SNL set at NBC, Amy Poehler will pass right behind you and most likely look at your bum.
If you did a lot of drugs in Amsterdam and you hate Jesus- you should probably write a broadway rock musical about those things.
Do not piss of the mean girl with very wide hips who works at Conan O'Brian, she will put you in the very back row.
Conan really is that funny.
Star bucks is better on time square and after 11:30pm.
Johnny Knoxville wears white sailor hats when he walks into MTV sometimes.
Snow is just as sucky on the east coast.
The Metropolitan Opera is bigger and more beautiful and ten times more amazing you every imagined, epically the view from the orchestra pit.
"Sure thing, chicken wing" might be the correct response to a variety of questions and/or comments.
If it's in the MOMA and it involves a detergent bottle- don't look at it! (it is not art, at all).
If you feel you need to cry, just take some Dayquil.
Strawberry Fields is a designated quiet zone.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is closed on Monday's :(
A certain NYU professor of acting cant actually act or control her voice levels.. and she wears... nylons.... only..
At Motzart's Cafe, get the desert platter.
Abby is hotter, braver and stronger than I am.
My sister is the coolest person alive (i already knew that though).
Toys R Us is way more fun than FAO Swartz... and has way more impressive Lego creations.
Surrounding yourself with lots of people you really, really like in an awesome city is really a fantastic idea.
Airplanes are better with Liz.
Mango gelato is delicious.

Arg, there are so many more that I know I am failing to mention here

I also remembered that life is pretty much awesome. I don't know why I forget that sometimes. In NY, I went ahead and forgot some silly things that were bogging me down and felt, over all, like I took a large and refreshing breath of fresh, new air.

New York, you did lots for me. Thank you, thank you very much.

5 comments:

Fish Nat!on said...

try working at a xylatol factory, eating all manner of sugar free candies and gums for weeks, and finally realizing your bowels have been ruined by said sugar free items. makes a person feel rather stupid

an illdressed foolishwise said...

well, yes, i imagine it would!

Abby Rose said...

New York is waiting for your talent girl.. Come out here and show the world who you are.
I am glad that you experienced everything, and did what you needed.
I miss you.

Naomi said...

I want to go. NOW.

vantastic said...

ahhhh I just got my birthday mix today!! Thank you so very very much! you are a great friend! I loved the little surprise!