Saturday, March 8, 2008

Illuminating thoughts on love from some 7 year olds..

Conversation #1 (the bus ride to the Natural History Museum)
The sun shines in the school bus window on both Armando and I sitting next to eachother

Armando: Miss Emily, the sun keeps following me!
Me: Welp, maybe the sun wants to hang out with you because it likes your GI Joe shirt.
Armando: Or it has a crush on me?
Me: Or it has a crush on you.
Armando: Miss Emily, why would he have a crush on me? Does the sun think I am a girrrrl?
Me: Humm, I couldn’t be sure. What makes you think the sun is a boy? Maybe the sun is a girl? Don’t you think that she is pretty?
Armando: (slouches and puts his head on my shoulder) Oh, no... I am not thinking about girlfriends right now.

Conversation #2 (the bus ride home from the Natural History Museum)
Takes place, for the most part, in the seat behind me where Jael and Saverio are talking, I tuned in mid-conversation:
Saverio: Jael, seriously she loves Hot Cheetos. Every time I bring them she asks me for them.
(my mind travels back to about 3 weeks ago we were in the music room playing a game and Jael tapped me and said, “know who I like in this class? I like Yesenia” He points to Yesenia, a shy little girl with black hair is wearing a pink shirt and has her hair in a bun. I tell Jael that he has made an excellent choice.)
Jael: I know, I know that she likes them! That’s why I was asking you! Do you have any left?
Saverio: Yeah, I have the bag back at school.
Jael: Can I have some?
Saverio: ummmm.. (looks at him, unsure)
Jael: I will give you my snack tomorrow.
Saverio: Okay. How many do you want?
Jael: (directs the conversation toward me) Miss Emily, do you have any zip lock bags back at school?
Me: Yeah. I will get you one.
Jael: Yesss. (To Sevario) Just a bag.

I think to myself, ‘a zip lock bag full of hot cheetos... this used to be a lot easier’

3 comments:

tic tacs and tech decks said...

So cute. Jen and I just read this together and laughed. We think that hot cheetos really are the answer. My blog is still up too. I just posted. and Jen and I have a blog together that has wedding photos on it. Loves!

Abby Rose said...

If only it took a bag of hot cheetos.
Those things are hot!! I can hear one of them say, "Mrs. Emily, my mouth tastes like burning."

Ben said...

I need a bag of Hot Cheetos. I had no idea they were the same as Love Potion No. 9.