Friday, May 11, 2007

Worst feeling in the world!

Today.. I thought I lost my wallet! I wasn't all that freaked out at first.. and then I started to think about all the things that were inside my wallet! My wallet is pretty much FULL of treasures that are all important to me in my life.. There are the basic important things ie: the Temple Recommend, Social Security Card, Debit and Credit cards, My library card, grocery store cards, etc... all those things I need, and it would really SUCK to loose them. Then there are those 4 one dollar bills and the $2.75 in quarters that I was planning on using for my laundry.. THAT would suck to lose! But there is so much more to my wallet then all of those things.. also tucked inside the beat up denim exterior of this Way out of style Roxy’s brand wallet that I have had sense 11th grade, are so many memories! A few examples:

1. Dave Matthews Band Concert ticket (don’t judge me) from Sat Aug 28, 2004.
2. Ticket from Deathcab for Cutie Aug 8, 2006.
3. Ticket from "LOVE" the cirque du soleil show, June 12, 2006.
4. The "Dear Returned Missionary Card" from President Call, May 17, 2006.
5. A Canadian 5 that someone gave to me.
6. An "I'll be back/All finished" card that Katie O and I stole from Sweet Tomatoes freshman year in college?.
7. Ticket flyer from the Andy Warhol celebrity portraits show at the Bellagio Gallery of Art, Sept 2003.
8. THREE different fortunes from long eaten fortune cookies that read, "People are waiting for cues from you", "Take that chance you've been considering", and the oldest and my most favorite, "you have a deep interest in all that is artistic."

I can’t help but think that these little treasures and memories are little symbols of my life! Thinking my wallet was lost was pretty much the worst feeling ever. That has never happened to me. Thank heaven for honest people and the Lost and Found in the Wilkinson Center. PHEW! All my treasures are back in my position.

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Good for you, and good for the Lost and Found!! Yeah, I pretty much store my mini hymnbook there at the L&F. They always e-mail me when it comes in the Monday after church, because it has my name engraved on the front.

Rod in Indy said...

Hey -- I'm also VERY glad your wallet was found! ;-) A good idea in case you haven't already done so: make a color photocopy of everything in your wallet and keep it in a safe place. If your wallet ever is lost, it makes life much easier to report missing items...Love, Papa

bbond said...

girl, i totally still have 15 euros in my wallet..they've been there three years now...besides many other treasures as well.