Thursday, May 17, 2007

One year ago today.. I said a sad goodbye... to El Salvador

"Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be." ~J.D. Salinger





What I was really hanging around for, I was trying to feel some kind of a good-by. I mean I've left schools and places I didn't even know I was leaving them. I hate that. I don't care if it's a sad good-by or a bad good-by, but when I leave a place I like to know I'm leaving it. If you don't, you feel even worse. ~J.D. Salinger


Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody. ~J.D. Salinger

3 comments:

tic tacs and tech decks said...

oh man...i love it. i forgot how much i enjoyed Salinger.

bambam said...

whoa! i just read a catcher in the rye for the first time & finished today...can you believe how literarily far behind i am! actually maybe i'm setting a comeback trend. anyway, i love it.

heathen said...

This is wonderful!