Monday, August 4, 2008

insomnia etc.

jeff tweedy says that when he forgets how to talk he sings..

when i foget how to sleep i write sad droopy poems..

here's the latest.. composed saturday night.. when i was not sleeping..

Em-
tea?
Just a cup,
maybe??
fill it up
(said she)
fill it up
for me
because I'm
Em-
pty
like a cup
you see?
like a factory
and I cant sleep,
you see?
and everyone far away
from me
oh fill it up
please
so needlessly
needy
could the problem be
that I am just
em
tea
I'll pour a cup
for me-
empty
em
ily

(i feel like i shouldn't post nerdy crap like this that i write. but i sent the poem to my friend james today and he had a lot of things to say about it.. one of the things he said was that he thought a lot of people would relate somehow.. so i decided to post it...)

And, also, I slept like a baby last night. so yay!

1 comment:

vantastic said...

don't sleep more. write more. this is so beautiful. i can not get enough. fill me up with this poetry. Will you quote me to sleep when we share a bedroom? I will love every moment and every word. thanks em.