Sunday, July 13, 2008

Camelot... etc.

i am no longer in my early twenties. i am in my mid twenties.. this is an odd thing.

a couple of weeks ago i drove past my old preschool out in West Jordan, Utah..
i stopped to take a picture:

it used to be called "Camelot Academy".. i went to preschool at Camelot.. that explains a lot of things..

i don't know how exactly to articulate how i feel about turning twenty five, so i will let e.e.cummings say a little bit about it:

may my heart always be open to little
birds who are the secrets of living
whatever they sing is better than to know
and if men should not hear them men are old

may my mind stroll about hungry
and fearless and thirsty and supple
and even it it's Sunday may i be wrong
for whenever men are right they are not young


and may myself do nothing usefully
and love yourself so more than truly
there's never been quite such a fool who could fail
pulling all the sky over him with one smile

1 comment:

Rod in Indy said...

I was there with you on this one...so funny how often life repeats itself in circles...I love reading your words and really enjoy the pictures! All I can say is you are too awesome for words. Love, Papa