Wednesday, October 17, 2007

the question...

O ME! O life! of the questions of these recurring,
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities fill'd with the
foolish,
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I,
and who more faithless?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light, of the objects mean, of the
struggle ever renew'd,
Of the poor results of all, of the plodding and sordid crowds I see
around me,
Of the empty and useless years of the rest, with the rest me
intertwined,
The question, O me! so sad, recurring-What good amid these, O me,
O life? ????????????

Answer.
That you are here-that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.


These days it seems like everyone I come in contact with is struggling.. the questions always recurring... the trains of the faithless and foolish and myself also faithless and foolish... but the powerful play goes on..

Chin up everyone! Let's wrap up in sweaters and scarfs, drink apple cider and laaaaugh.......

(thanks Whitman..)

2 comments:

tic tacs and tech decks said...

I'm with you! Apple cider and laughing are a great combination! In fact, laughing goes pretty good with everything...except measles. That is no laughing matter.

an illdressed foolishwise said...

HHAA! you are right.. no laughing matter.. aaron, want to hang out tonite?? Oh yeah, we ARE hanging out! WOOT!