Wednesday, April 11, 2007

De Nadie

Everyone in the world should see this documentary. De Nadie is a documentary about courage and also about the injustices suffered by thousands of people from Central America. They are robbed, tortured and raped, and sometimes also murdered, in Mexico. It was first released at Sundance in 2005 and I just saw it a week ago. Watching the Central Americans featured made me think of the hundreds of people I meet in El Salvador and all of the horrific things they suffered. As far as the immigration issue, I was able to see first hand the families that were left behind and what life was like for them. I even meet a few people who returned battered and handicapped from Mexico. I know this is a delicate issue, but I think everyone should think about that this film has to say.. As for me, I want to go line up by the railroad tracks in Mexico and pass some sack lunches on to the travelers!

2 comments:

kyledeb said...

Thanks for talking about this movie. I came across your blog through technorati and was wondering if you would consider a link exchange with Immigration Orange. I hope all is well.

Unknown said...

Wow - I really want to see this documentary. Where is it showing?