Wednesday, March 21, 2007

And the winner of the 5.1 points in the game of life is Britannie Bond! I should have know it would have been you, soul mate you! So the mysterious author in the upper right corner and now the lower left is none other than.. E. E. Cummmings, My favorite poet. (the lower left is his self portrat) He deserves a 2 blog entries. Poems so beautiful they hurt. A couple examples:

who knows if the moon's a balloon,
coming out of a keen city
in the sky--filled with pretty people?
(and if you and i should

get into it,if they
should take me and take you into their balloon,
why then
we'd go up higher with all the pretty people
than houses and steeples and clouds:
go sailing away
and away sailing into a keen
city which nobody's ever visited,where
always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves
e.e. cummings &, N, &: Seven Poems

l(a


l(a
le
af
fa
ll

s)
one
l

iness
-ee cummings (unpublished poems)

AMAZING RIGHT?? Syntax, language and poetry will never be the same. He has even effected my own writing style:

Sometimes I still think you could fit my left hand
Like a right hand shoe
Everything here is so right and only when I wright
Do I start to think blue
.. and I think.. ‘when there’s nothing more of all this here
What will be left of me and you?’

It’s just that when you left I got left-some
(without you.. your great and distant nearness)
What was the left thing to do?

THINK RIGHT! I told myself, but it’s hard to know what’s
The right
(or wrong)
thing to do..
When all you know is left
and left has left you
(leftsome)
and with little instruction..

In the middle of the mess of what they wanted
I had my left hand pocketed
I may not be completely left brained but I assure you
I am left hearted

And deep down there’s only one thought that’s been left
(mildewey and new..)

That you (amor) could still fit my left hand
like a right hand shoe..

(and I have been thinking leftly) that I am partly, completely sure
I am only able to love you..
e.r.foster 2005

2 comments:

vantastic said...

i love it, love it love it. i will come back and read this poem often. you are amazing. I can't wait to see you this weekend. There are some parties that you need to come to with me. Can you?

tic tacs and tech decks said...

You are amazing!!! how come i've never been introduced to your poetry? It's beautiful.