Wednesday, June 29, 2011

everlasting light

I'm getting married!



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And just in case you might be wondering why i am marrying this young gentlemen,



or if you just don't know him that well, then i offer you...
and introduction to mr. champlin- the boy i'm going to marry and/or-

a brief explanation of some of the reasons i want to be with him everywhere:
::ahem::

#1 Crazy Smart: I have yet to ever bring up a topic that he doesn't know something interesting about.
(early in our courtship i thought i would stump him with
poets or books or theatre references- but not this kid. And when I called him excited from El Salvador after going to a zoo (for the first time in my life), i exclaimed, "elephants have eye lashes!" but he already knew, and told me a lot more about elephants. This is how lots of conversations roll.



He is so smart it's impossible for him to be boring. ever.



#2 Art: One time he made these sticker that really cracked me up.



#3. He is consistently doing things that crack me up.
And let's be real- funny does for me what Angelina Jolie does for most guys.



#4 When he cracks up he gets these really adorable lines in his cheeks (which have a beard on them-which i love) and around his eyes (which are blue-which i love), and his head bobs. its seriously awesome.



#5 He's into lots things which are awesome



# 6 He read the complete works of Shakespeare when he was a little kid (who does that?)



#7 He is skilled at the art of nightmare jokes
(nightmare jokes, incaseyoudon'tknow, are what he tells me when i wake up/call him in the middle of the night from a bad nightmare.. my favorite 3:00am nightmare joke involved Tom Cruise-you'll have to get him to tell it).



#8 He has a heart of gold. I cant really explain this one.. its incredible.


THE most selfless person i have ever, ever met.
he cares about the world. he wants to make it better.


even at his brokest he finds ways to send money to Sendai or buy a crochet hat from a woman in Africa.
he delivers flowers.

#Lastly (and this is by no means a comprehensive list) he is patient.
after two and a half years of on again-off again- up and down/all over the place dating, i nearly smashed both of our hearts to bits
(and i am positive i smashed some feelings of other innocent kind people as well, and to you people-- i don't know how to say i am sorry. you are not required to ever forgive me although i would really like that)


BUT he was patient, and kind and has always assured me that he would never give up on me.


I realize to some- this engagement may have seem to have come on fast and to those

I close with the immortal words of Harry

(of the classic cinematic treat When Harry met Sally-duh)
"when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone,

you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"

4 comments:

Aimee_Noel said...

This is beautiful. Congratulations!

Abby Rose said...

he sounds like a winner, emily! So happy!!

Rod in Indy said...

Wow...that's amazing! So happy for you both! Let the daddy/daughter wedding planning begin!!!

Love you billions --

Unknown said...

I can just hear your excitement...it is great! And what is greater is that you found a gem (it sounds like:) and gives other women hope that there are other good men out there too!

I have some lovely hand-drawn wedding pieces, and I would love just to give you one...yes, give. Please visit my blog and pick one out. www.befreckledwithlove.blogspot.com
Jenny