Wednesday, April 13, 2011

this feels gigantic

so- last day of college classes... ever. i (literally) danced to my car.. danced. (people thought i was nuts!) also: thank you to Rainer Maria Rilke for this today: Memory And you wait, you wait for that one thing that will infinitely enlarge your life; the gigantic, the stupendous, the awakwning of stones, depths turned round toward you. The volumes bound in rust and gold flicker dimly on the shelves; and you think of lands traveled across, of paintings of the clothes of women found and lost. And then suddenly you know: it was then. You rise, and before you stands the fear and prayer and shape of a vanished year.

3 comments:

L to the I to the Z said...

It IS gigantic!!!! Congrats, Emily!! :) I'm jealous, you're year ends so early! I've still got three weeks to go. Wah wah. Can't wait to see you out here in just a few!!!!

L to the I to the Z said...

correction...*your

ugh. I can't think straight these days.

kirst said...

WELCOME my dear :)