Wednesday, July 21, 2010

old news

On my little vacation home, i got into a discussion about this scene that i directed last semester. it was my final in my first directing class. i've been back and forth about posting it anywhere. but i decided.. why not?

i wrote and directed this little scene based on a section from the novel The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. I was really intrigued by Alma's description how her mother "never fell out of love with her father" who had passed away... and that in order to keep this love.. or "in order to hold on to a certain feeling, she sacrificed the world" (latter part = the title of the scene)

The actors in the scene are three friends from the class. the song is a bowie cover by m. ward.
it's a little try hard, maybe a little silly as well, but my first directing experience! cut.me.a.break.okay?



**things that don't read well in the video. Dalton (in the back) is hanging on a hanger.. Also: Next to the record player is a telephone.. Darick (the other guy) follows the phone chord into the room. She picks the phone up as he enters.. hangs it up as he leaves..**

1 comment:

Ems said...

I loved that book. And I love your artistic interpretation of a specific element of that book...lovely.