Saturday, June 5, 2010

band of beach boys

So, Rach made me a copy of the new Band of Horses album Infinite Arms.. and while the album had me at its title.. its one that i have been falling a little more in love with each time I listen to it.

The other day, I heard an interview with Ben Bridwell on NPR and they were comparing him with Neal Young and all kinds of other musicians... One musician they compared him to, that I had never heard him compared to before, was Brian Wilson.

Come to find out, in that same interview-- Band of Horses recorded part of their album in the old studio where the beach boys recorded pet sounds.. i think i can hear the ghost of beach boys past (and i think i love it)

here is the evidence:
band of horses:
On my way back home- infinite arms

the beach boys:
sloop john b-- pet sounds

1 comment:

sara said...

hey emily. surprise! i found your blog?! anyways. i heard that same interview on npr & loved it. and i love the connection with the beach boys. so great. just thought i'd comment because, personally, i find it creepier when people read my blog and then don't comment. so here i am, commenting on yours. the end.