Wednesday, March 3, 2010

the dog days are over

so, containers. i have to fight myself not to hoard them. i stew over every oatmeal sphere and cereal box before forcing myself to throw them away.. all the while searching for how i might justify saving them. shoe boxes, orange juice bottles.. everything. i always think i am going to use them for something clever and creative... i am going to be so glad i kept them. (this is rarely the outcome when i do save them.)

these are just a few of the containers i have justified holding on to.. they are currently taking up space in my bedroom.

i actually believe there is some incite into my personality here. i'm a holder. i hold on to everything. things from 2 months ago, things from 2 years ago.. it's what you might call a "suitcase heart" (if you wanted to talk about it lyrically)

The weepies suggest "letting the whole thing go." Florence and the Machine says "you cant carry it with you if you want to survive." And gee wiz, other people are so good at this!!.. so good at letting things go- at forgetting- at throwing it away when it's empty.

i admire this. i make it my new ambition.

i am closing the suitcase!

AND here is the anthem of the new revolution! RUN FAST!

3 comments:

my ghostwriter said...

I do this.

In a major way.

an illdressed foolishwise said...

((sigh))

i know, right??

hopefully, i am getting better.

my ghostwriter said...

how could you be so heartless? (thank you, Kanye)

if the sheep rejected from your flock are really getting cast aside, and you know they can't survive, I will gladly guide them to my home.