Thursday, September 6, 2007

Very Geriatric

Thursday Mornings en el templo. 5 hours of working with old, old people..

It is so rad i can hardly explain..

today an extremely old lady, with jet black dyed hair and very pink lipstick, told me (and I quote) " I've got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she proceeded, shortly after, to say that when you are her age you "get nervous to close your eyes and lay down for fear they will put a sheet over you" (they?)

she then proceeded to tell me how young and beautiful i was.

i freakin LOVE old people!

3 comments:

Olympus said...

Have you heard the story of Joy, the temple worker? If not, contact me as soon as possible ... well, I don't tell it as well as Optimistic., so try him first. :) Maybe Roger knows it.

tic tacs and tech decks said...

haha! i haven't been to your blog in far too long. You are awesome Emily. love it.

bambam said...

i love that old saying! it was good to see you on the streets yesterday. we were mesmerized by your mobile...we've heard so much about it and it's all true! ps i now live really close to you. 684 n 900 e. let's walk to each others' house sometime!